return to Home page    Federation Names and Logos  
 

Webkeeper's introduction

In 2010 what had been known as the Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland since 1952 changed its name to the Jewish Federation of Cleveland. To show that it had made other name changes in its more than a century of service, the Federation website added a page "History of the Federation logo".

In early 2015 all the History pages on Federation's website were removed. Fortunately we had saved a copy of that page in 2010 and show it below. "Learn more" notes and links are in the right column below.

December 29, 2016

 

1903-1926
The Federation of the Jewish Charities of Cleveland

 

1925-1951
Jewish Welfare Federation

Name changed.
The origin of this relief showing a group of men and a map of the American continent is not known.

 

1952-1964
A new name: The Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland

In 1951 The Jewish Welfare Federation and the Jewish Community Council, composed of more than 100 Jewish organizations, including synagogues. merge.

1965-1988
Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland
A new logo, announced in September 1965 in conjunction with the opening of the new building at 1750 Euclid Avenue. Adds Hebrew "Tzedakah".
1989-2000
Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland
Logo simplified, Name reduced in importance.
2001-2010
Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland
New logo with flame and Magen David.
For the first time "of Cleveland" is made smaller.
2001-2010
Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland
Logo revised to commemorate Federation's 100th anniversary.
2010 to present 
New name.
Jewish Federation of Cleveland
The name now omits "Community".
The logo is redesigned by the national office as part of a "rebranding" effort which also reduces the size of city names.
More on the new logo
 
 
Top of Page Names and Logos Locations Federation CJH Home