return to Home page

  The 150th anniversary of B'nai Jeshurun Congregation

         

PAGE UNDER DEVELOPMENT

 

B'nai Jeshurun, the "Hungarian Shul", was founded in 1866, a year after the end of the Civil War and 15 years before the start of the great wave of East European Jewish immigration. It is Cleveland's third oldest congregation and celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2016.

We join in that celebration by creating this section which links to all the major web-based resources on its history and an unusual graphical exhibit, a horizontal timeline banner, plus our own essay below on some often overlooked aspects of its history.

Arnold Berger   Webkeeper

 

 

return to B'nai Jeshurun 150th Anniversary      top of page      continue        CJH Home